Thursday, April 12, 2012

Galatic Fever



One of the funniest DIY's I've ever done. It is so simple although it takes some time to get done. Taking the fabric, bleaching it, letting it dry, washing it, letting it dry, applying a base paint, painting with colors, blending, blending, blending again, adding white paint, put some stars and planets, fixing some mistakes, giving the final touches. Voilá! One side is done. Turn and repeat the process.
I'm not doing a tutorial kind-of-thing because I don't see any mistery on doing this. There is not a right way to do it. It's more like something you keep on painting until you feel it looks good. That's how I do it, so all of them are different. Also, after this experiment I'm really looking forward to try some more bleaching and dying. Wait for it, it's coming soon.
Last but not least, I want to thank my beloved friends who were my inspiration and also my models this time. I hope you all enjoy your presents (I gave to each one of them what they were wearing in the pictures <3 ).

Um dos DIYs mais divertidos que eu já fiz. É muito simples mas demora um bom tempo pra ficar pronto. Pegar o tecido, desbotar, deixar secar, lavar, deixar secar, passar uma tinta de base, pintar com as cores, espalhar, esfumaçar, esfumaçar de novo, adicionar tinta branca, fazer estrelas e alguns planetas, arrumar alguns erros, dar os toque finais. Pronto! Um lado está pronto. Vire e repita o processo.
Não estou fazendo um tutorial porque não vejo nenhum mistério em fazer isso. Não existe um jeito exato de se fazer. É mais como algo que tu vais pintando até tu te sentir satisfeito. É assim que eu faço, e por isso cada peça é diferente. Também, depois desse experimento, fiquei bem empolgado em tentar brincar mais um pouco com alvejante (vulgo Qboa), outros descolorantes e corantes. Me aguarde!
Por último mas não menos importante, queria agradecer meus queridos amigos que foram de certa forma as inspirações e também meus modelos dessa vez. Espero que vocês curtam seus presente (dei para cada um deles o que eles estavam vestindo nas fotos <3).




Bonus: some photos I had on Instagram.

No comments:

Post a Comment